Modern Israeli Hebrew (Hebrew Ulpan)
English website under
:Please contact us for more
Language Links 03-6043288
Spoken Hebrew Course | General Hebrew Ulpan
Hebrew is the primary language spoken in Israel and is the language of the Jewish people around the world. Despite being among the most ancient languages still in use today, Modern Israeli Hebrew is a living vibrant language, rich and fascinating. At Language Links we teach Hebrew using a modern approach based on a new syllabus that we have developed, according to the internationally recognized language levels of the European Union (CEFR). We emphasize effective communication in Modern Hebrew that will enable you to function independently in Israeli daily life. Unlike many Ulpans, we DO NOT only teach grammar and read texts, we DO teach you how to REALLY use Hebrew along all the language levels.
In our Israeli Hebrew Ulpan courses you will learn to speak and think in Hebrew. If you are planning to live in Israel, the course will help you integrate into Israeli society, professionally and academically. If you are just visiting Israel, you will be able to improve your Hebrew proficiency and practice the language out of class with Israeli native speakers, being immersed in Israeli culture. In any case, you will be able to keep in touch with relatives, understand Israeli movies, books and songs and enjoy Israeli culture, and all this at the heart of Tel Aviv a.k.a "The First Hebrew City" and Israel's cultural hub.
Click here to know why you should learn Spoken Hebrew at language Links.
Spoken Hebrew Course | Hebrew Ulpan Goals
· Improving all your language skills in Hebrew: speaking, listening, reading and writing in an organzied, interesting and enjoyable manner. The course emphasizes both fluency and accuracy.
· Learning how to use Hebrew for both daily situations using informal language and slang (on the street, shopping, planning trips) and relating to various topics using more standard formal Hebrew (social issues, culture, politics), according to the various language levels.
· Learning relevant Hebrew vocabulary and Hebrew grammar in the context of the study unit and using them for creating authentic language.
· Gaining confidence in using Hebrew by ongoing interactive practice in pair & group activities, in a supportive pleasant atmosphere.
· Enriching your general and cultural knowledge via exposure to newspapers, articles, visuals, movies, songs and literature in Hebrew.
· Applying what you learn with hands-on mini-projects and presentations in Hebrew according to your fields of interest.
· Knowing how to use foreign language learning strategies and learning how to make language learning more efficient.
Spoken Hebrew Course | Hebrew Ulpan Features
· All applicants will take a placement test to determine the most suitable level for their needs.
· You can study once or twice a week, depending on availability. For details, please see dates and courses.
· Courses are offered in groups of 7-12 students. Additionally, small group courses of 2-6 students are also available (premium courses).
· The sessions are conducted in Hebrew so that you learn "Hebrew in Hebrew" and start thinking in Hebrew. In specific cases we will use your mother tongue for explanations if relevant.
· The Hebrew taught is Modern Israeli Hebrew as used in Israel nowadays. The Hebrew courses at Language Links are based on an approach that strives for a healthier balance between standard "correct" Hebrew and the "real" Hebrew of our time.
· For general information on courses at Language Links, click here.
Spoken Hebrew Course | Hebrew Ulpan Dates
· For information on course openings, click here.